Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Thoughts after my cancelled class

I've been inspired by the people around me to start blogging, so here I go!

My 12:30 class was cancelled today. I love when my classes get cancelled! I love it a little too much, actually, haha.

I don't know how I feel about college. I'm not sure why I'm here sometimes. If I really had my way, I would drop out of school and just play music. But there are several problems with that. Namely, I don't think my band mates really share that desire with me. So alas, I am stuck here, going through the motions of college.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being here. I have some enjoyable classes, I've made some great friends, and living in the dorms on my own is definitely nice. However, I wish I could do all that and have music be my "job." I've thought so long about what I want to do with my life. Sure, I could buckle down and work and become some sort of business-man, and make a good deal of money. Or I could read and study for years, get my degree, become a high school English teacher, and have a really rewarding job. But I'm not sure that's what I want to do with my life.

Is that selfish of me?

No comments: